Thursday, May 20, 2010

What's the deal with my memory cards?

I have a w810i Sony Ericsson walkman phone that came with a 512 MB memory card, upon which I managed to store roughly 240 songs.


Recently I bought a 1GB memory card for the same phone, of the same brand... but it's only letting me store 215 songs.


Should it not let me store around 500 songs, seeing as it's twice the size?


If so, how can I get it to work??


I NEED MY MUSIC!

What's the deal with my memory cards?
Hi


There are a few issues with memory cards, any that you use for mobile phones should be formatted first in the phone, this will copy files to it for you and any directories the phone needs, secondly some phone partition the card for different thing, like voice recorder, photo etc, so best check any settings to ensure they are OK, also highly recommended is that you buy a high speed version, there only a few quid dearer, but some phones don't like some brands of card.. eg i have a 6210, work well with a viking 64MB mmc, stick a 128 unbranded card it. it wont see it, stick a 256 high speed samsung in, works fine... you get my drift.


hope this helps a little.....
Reply:It depends how big the music files are.











You could try formatting the card, I don't see why it would be doing this to you unless it's full up. Good luck though, send me a message if you still can't find out what's going wrong.


No comments:

Post a Comment