Thursday, May 20, 2010

What is a "USB Card Reader"? I know they deal with memory cards... information, please?

Do these take place of a computer when there isn't one around to hold pictures and then delete from the camera? I'm going on a trip to France, and this came with my memory card for my camera. (8GB) Is this something to where I can use to store the photos that I've already taken and then later put them on my computer for real storage, and then can I delete them from my camera once they'reon this thing? Explain plaese.

What is a "USB Card Reader"? I know they deal with memory cards... information, please?
A usb card reader


is just a internal (inside) or external (outside) device that connects to your computer by a cable, more than likely a usb cable, which connects to your usb port on the computer!





All it really does is provide you with a place to put in your memory card so you can view whatever is on your card on your computer!


And once you see it on your computer, you can copy it to your computer, delete it from your card, or do whatever manipulation to the files that you want.


Thats mainly what its used for just to allow your computer to see whats on your memory card.
Reply:The memory card reader is an interface to allow you to connect your memory card to your computer for downloading the pictures from the memory card to the computer or visa versa. You can also use the card reader to hold the memory card and upload pictures and music to the data card for use in other devices. The card reader does not automatically delete the pictures from the data card, you have to delete them either from instructions from the computer or once you put the card back into your camera. My Sony uses a memory stick, I use one so I can download the pictures to my computer so I can edit, print, copy to cd, or even delete unwanted pictures. Here is an example of a USB card reader: http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/...

shoes stock

No comments:

Post a Comment