Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Are there any GOOD camcorders that have the option to record DVDs and memory sticks or SD memory cards?

This camcorder is for a school. We are creating podcasts for the web and DVDs for distribution throughout the school. Believe it or not, I do not have DVD players on my classroom computers so I have a portable that is shared in the classroom. Hence, we will create DVDs from one shared computer but the students need to edit and upload via usb. Cards are easier than cable connections. I've been eyeing the Sony DCR-HC90 Mini DV (with Memory Stick) and the Sony DCR-DVD403 (with DVD). I'm on a time clock (I have a grant) and I'm not familiar with camcorders. I'm limited to a cost of about 700.

Are there any GOOD camcorders that have the option to record DVDs and memory sticks or SD memory cards?
I use Canon ZR85 and love it. It has a memory stick but only for taking still pictures. It uses a MiniDV. If you are wanting to make DVDs for distribution, you'll want to buy a camcorder that records to a DVD. But if you want to edit it first, then you can just go ahead and buy a miniDV camera and then buy an editing software and then you can burn your edited video to DVD or other variety of ways.





For an editing software, I'd get Pinnacle. It's an awesome software and easy to use. You just go through a short tutorial on it and you're good to go. You can also use this software to change the format of your video so you can use it for your podcast.
Reply:By far the best site to visit is www.camcorderinfo.com. Enjoy.


No comments:

Post a Comment