Saturday, November 19, 2011

Memory Cards?

I have a 1-G memory card for a sony camera. My dad has a memory card reader and the card fits in it, but it doesnt show up on his computer when I plug it in. So, I have to put the memory card in my laptop, get the pictures on that, fight to get the card out, and but the photos on yet another memory card to put them on my dads computer. This takes forever, and now my card is getting all scratched up. Anyone have a quicker solution?

Memory Cards?
One option that you may consider is to take your memory card to the nearest digital photo printer...even Wal-Mart will do. There, just order (using the photo kiosk if they have one, or ask someone in the photo department) an "archive" CD...this will load every picture onto a CD that you can use in your computer. Then, you can also clean off the memory card for the next round of photos. (Also known as "formatting" the memory card). Hopefully the CD will cooperate better than your disk. What kind of card is it, anyway? Some are harder to read than others, especially if it is a "high-capacity" card. Some cards may require an external reader that you plug into the USB port.


No comments:

Post a Comment