Saturday, November 19, 2011

I have a memory card reader on my computer that cannot read cards anymore, how do I fix it?

It use to read cards, but I haven't used it in a few months, so it stopped working...is there a way to reset the flash drive reader? I know last year this happened, but somehow I fixed it, and I don't remember how. I need to load some pictures from my memory card, and I'm tired of using an usb cord to connect it from the camera to the computer...help!

I have a memory card reader on my computer that cannot read cards anymore, how do I fix it?
You can try reloading the drivers. Go under your Start menu -%26gt; Control Panel -%26gt; System -%26gt; Hardware tab -%26gt; Device Manager. Look in the list for Human Interface Devices. Expand that node and you should see your card reader in there. Right click on it and select Uninstall. Then reboot and let Windows reload the drivers for it. If you dont see it under Human Interface Devices, look under the Ports node, it may be under that.


No comments:

Post a Comment